An incredible choice for those looking to gain better sound quality from their smartphone, the Comica CVM-VS08 Professional Cardioid Condenser Directional Mini Shotgun Microphone is my choice for a smartphone microphone. It’s affordable, high in quality and perfect for those beginning their journey to YouTube success.
I chose this microphone because I am on a budget and cannot afford a $1,000+ setup for YouTube. As a beginner, you need good sound quality, but you don’t want to spend a fortune. For under $50, this smartphone vlogging microphone is the perfect solution.
Benefits of the Comica CVM-VS08 Smartphone Microphone
This Smartphone vlogging microphone comes with plenty of benefits including:
- Works from about 5 to 10 feet away
- Offers playback options with a built-in headphone jack
- Made of Aluminum material giving it great durability and good anti-interference effects
- Includes a clamp to help keep the microphone in place
- Offers two windscreen options to filter out background noise
The microphone comes with all the tools you need to create a great video. You get a durable microphone perfect for new YouTubers looking to create videos using their smartphone.
The Cardioid Polar Patters allows the sound to be concentrated better making it easier to pick up the right sound (right in front of the microphone) instead of all the sounds going on around you.
Sound Quality for the Comica CVM-VS08 YouTube Microphone
I have been using this Comica Smartphone Microphone for several months and I can tell you, the sound quality is great. If you don’t believe me, you can go over to my YouTube channel and check out my video review of the Comica CVM-VS08 YouTube Microphone and see how it performs.
I feel like my sound quality went from okay to excellent on my smartphone when I added this accessory. It’s also very portable and easy to use, which is a huge plus for anybody trying to capture good quality videos.
While smartphones have become much better and the quality of video you can shoot is comparable to many cameras, the sound seems to lack on most phones. This microphone solves that problem and gives you the sound quality you need to succeed with vlogging, on YouTube or to just get excellent home videos.
Uses for the Comica CVM-VS08 Vlogging Microphone
There are several ways you can use this Comica Smartphone Microphone. Some of the most common ways it can be used include:
- Vlogging – Shoot great video with excellent sound quality for your blog and turn it into a vlog.
- YouTube Videos – It’s an excellent choice for new YouTubers looking to create better quality videos without investing hundreds or thousands of dollars in equipment.
- Home Videos – If you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a nice camera, you can add this microphone to your smartphone and capture your children doing all kinds of things on video.
- Social Media – With Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social platforms thriving on video these days, you need great sound. Shoot excellent Instagram Story Videos with the Comica CVM-VS08 and never worry about the quality of the sound again.
- Podcasting – If you want to get into the world of podcasting, but you don’t have much money to spend, this could be your ticket in.
Anything requiring video that you plan to shoot from your smartphone can be done with the Comica CVM-VS08 smartphone microphone.
Why I Chose the Comica CVM-VS08 Mini Shotgun Microphone
I have several reasons why I chose this specific shotgun microphone for my smartphone. I have owned it for about eight months now and here are my top reasons for my purchase:
- Price – It’s less than $50 and my budget was $50 for a microphone
- Cordless – I didn’t want a microphone requiring a cord because I wanted more flexibility with where I put my camera.
- Ability to Filter Background Noise – At the time, I was shooting videos in the basement of my parent’s house during a stay there but had plans to take my videos outside, so a camera with a good windscreen was necessary.
- Portable – Any good smartphone microphone should be portable, right?
- Sound Quality – Before I purchased this smartphone microphone, I watched a video on YouTube of it. I cannot find that video now, but it showed me how good the sound quality is and I shot my own video here for you.
If you’re looking for a top quality smartphone microphone and you want to spend $50 or less, the Comica CVM-VSO8 is the right choice for you.
Is the Comica CVM-VS08 Microphone the Best Smartphone Microphone for New YouTubers?
Simply put, Yes. In my opinion, nothing else compares. When you’re new to shooting videos, you probably want to keep your expenses low and give yourself plenty of flexibility. You may start out shooting in your bedroom, but decide to take your channel to the streets. If so, your smartphone microphone isn’t going to do you much good anymore. You need something built to filter out the background noise.
Many of the other options out there on the market require you to run a cord from your phone to the microphone. This can get messy and more moving parts could mean more things to damage.
In comparison, the Rode VideoMic Me Smartphone Microphone was my second choice, but it’s a bit more expensive. However, it does have more than 2,600 reviews and four stars on Amazon.com, so it’s obviously a good choice. Plus, there are several optional upgrades to choose from, but they do come at a higher price.
If you want a full kit, you can get the Comica Smartphone Video Kit CVVM-VM10-K2 if you want more of a full kit, but it does cost a bit more. I don’t think it’s quite the same microphone, though.
I know, this specific smartphone microphone doesn’t have any reviews and it’s not because people like me don’t want to review it. For some reasons, when I tried to review it on Amazon, they told me they were not allowing reviews on this product for one reason or another. Maybe that will change in the future, but just know, I would have given it 5/5 stars for sure.